I love eating things like tacos, sandwiches, sloppy joes, etc. However, these foods typically include some kind of not-so-nutritious carb. I am always looking for a way to make my meals with less empty calories, and I was inspired by a trip to our local Thai restaurant. After ordering the lettuce wraps and deciding that they were DELICIOUS, I decided to use the idea in my other recipes. The possibilities are endless -- use as bread, taco shells, wraps -- whatever you want! Lettuce is a wonderful food delivery system. You can also use any type your heart desires. Although iceberg is the least nutrient dense of all, it does have vitamins and minerals and is a more more healthy alternative to empty carbs. Here is a chart that I found on Pinterest with some useful information about popular lettuces:
On another note, I was away for the weekend. Even though I tried to stick to my plan, it was very difficult and I slipped up a bit. Here's to a fresh beginning to a new week and a healthier today than yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment