How come I have never heard about this miraculous super food before?!? There really is nothing better on Earth than this! Here are some quick facts about this leafy bunch of goodness:
One cup contains...
* 33 Calories
* 5 g Fiber
* 2 g Protein
* TONS of Vitamins A, C, & K.. All way over the daily recommended value
* Omega-3 & Omega-6 Fatty Acids
And so much more!!
This wonderful food helps with your digestion, fights against cancer, and is an anti-inflammatory.
So far, I've really only eaten it in soup. Today, I am going to venture out. I am going make kale chips (second attempt, first time didn't work so well) AND a special side dish.
I wouldn't suggest trying kale for the first time in a salad as the base. It has a stronger taste when it is raw than when it is cooked. Instead, try adding it in slowly.
After my next grocery trip, I am also going to try a kale smoothie.
Go out and get your KALE on!

No comments:
Post a Comment